One thing I have had to learn the hard way is trusting God. I am thankful for Him for showing me how to, though. I needed it.
Recently, my dog, my friend, my companion, Kaos, was put to sleep. It was the hardest event I've had to live through. Words can't describe how I felt saying goodbye and Bubba and Beverly taking her to the vet.
See what happened is, she's been puking, but we figured it was because of her new dogfood, so we just switched back. Then, she wouldn't walk or potty for about 70 hours. The vet told us her liver was bad and her kidneys are messing up. They had her on antibiotics, and she even ate for them!! They told us it was a sign of improvement. Later they did bloodwork, and her kidneys had shut down, and they wanted us, erm, ME, to make the decision, let her come home and suffer, or put her down. I could NOT make that decision, so my mom did. It was so hard. BUT God has shown his grace and mercy on me. I have listened to so many songs about relying on Him, no matter what's wrong, and His strength being all a person needs.
I miss Kaos, more than words could ever describe, but I'm resting in God's hands, knowing He has a plan, a purpose, and a future for me, and He loves me, and that's what matters. I lay my sorrows in His hands, and He takes my burdens for me. Jesus took every single burden I had when He died on the cross, so why should I be sad? God blessed me with Kaos for a short time, and yes I'm greedy and want more time, but I'm thankful for what He's given me, when I deserved nothing. When I deserved to sit and cry and mourn for a long time, God reminded me, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Mathew 5:4.
Thank you, God, for helping me and my family through this!
Note: I know Kaos was 'just a dog' but we care deeply in our family for our animals. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, I'm sure it was hard, Samantha! Pets become dear to us. But, it sounds like you have learned great things through it. Our God is so faithful!
Post a Comment